HBase >> mail # user >> Getting ScannerTimeoutException even after several calls in the specified time limit

Re: Getting ScannerTimeoutException even after several calls in the specified time limit
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Dhirendra Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am facing this exception while iterating over a big table,  by default i
> have specified caching as 100,
>
> i am getting the below exception, even though i checked there are several
> calls made to the scanner before it threw this exception, but somehow its
> saying 86095ms were passed since last invocation.
>
> i also observed that if it set scan.setCaching(false),  it succeeds,  could
> some one please explain or point me to some document as if what's happening
> here and what's the best practices to avoid it.

Try again cachine < 100.  See if it works.  A big cell?  A GC pause?
You should be able to tell roughly which server is being traversed
when you get the timeout.  Anything else going on on that server at
the time?  What version of HBase?
St.Ack