Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Rolling config change considered harmful?

Rolling config change considered harmful?
I'm trying to track a race issue in our ZK usage. In debugging, I've come to wonder if the way we do rolling config ensemble changes is the culprit. How does ZK internal leader election work if the list of servers is not consistent on each instance. e.g. Given 3 instances A B C and new instance coming online D. If A and B think the server list is  (A, B, C) but C and D think the server list is (B, C, D) how does ZooKeeper handle leader election?

-Jordan
+
FPJ 2013-06-14, 19:07
+