HBase, mail # user - HBase Writes With Large Number of Columns

+
Pankaj Misra 2013-03-25, 16:55
Re: HBase Writes With Large Number of Columns
Ted Yu 2013-03-25, 16:59
If you give us the version of HBase you're using, that would give us some
more information to help you.

Cheers

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Pankaj Misra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The issue that I am facing is around the performance drop of Hbase, when I
> was having 20 columns in a column family Vs now when I am having 40 columns
> in a column family. The number of columns have doubled and the
> ingestion/write speed has also dropped by half. I am writing 1.5 KB of data
> per row across 40 columns.
>
> Are there any settings that I should look into for tweaking Hbase to write
> higher number of columns faster?
>
> I would request community's help to let me know how can I write to a
> column family with large number of columns efficiently.
>
> Would greatly appreciate any help /clues around this issue.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Pankaj Misra
>
> ________________________________

Pankaj Misra 2013-03-25, 17:18