Pig >> mail # user >> FLATTEN is not working

+
Mix Nin 2013-03-07, 00:41
+
Harsha 2013-03-07, 01:29
+
Mix Nin 2013-03-07, 01:46
Re: FLATTEN is not working
I can think off doing some thing on these lines but there might be a better way.
 Z = foreach Y generate id, TOTUPLE(split_qc.$0,split_qt.$0,split_qe.$0),TOTUPLE(split_qc.$1,split_qt.$1,split_qe.$1),TOTUPLE(split_qc.$2,split_qt.$2,split_qe.$2);
A = foreach Z generate $0, flatten(TOBAG($1,$2,$3));

--
Harsha
On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Mix Nin wrote:

> Harsha, Thanks for the reply. Suppose if I want to see output as follows
> xxxxx 11 44 77
> xxxxx 22 55 88
> xxxxx 33 66 99
>
> How would the script be written
>

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Harsha <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])> wrote:
>
> > Hi Mix,
> > You are doing a TOBAG on a tuple which will put it as
> > {((11,22,33))}.
> > flatten the tuple before doing the TOBAG.
> > Z = foreach Y GENERATE id ,flatten(split_qc);
> > A = foreach Z generate $0, flatten(TOBAG($1,$2,$3));
> > --
> > Harsha
> >

> > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Mix Nin wrote:
> >
> > > I have a file with below data
> > >
> > > xxxxx 11,22,33 44,55,66 77,88,99
> > >
> > > I wrote below PIG script
> > >
> > > X= LOAD '/user/lnindrakrishna/tmp/ExpTag.txt' AS (id :chararray,qc
> > > :chararray ,qt :chararray ,qe :chararray );
> > >
> > > Y = Foreach X generate id, STRSPLIT(qc,',') AS split_qc ,
> > STRSPLIT(qt,',')
> > > AS split_qt, STRSPLIT(qe,',') AS split_qe;;
> > >
> > > Z = foreach Y generate id, FLATTEN(TOBAG(split_qc));
> > >
> > > I expected output as follows:
> > >
> > > xxxxx 11
> > > xxxxx 22
> > > xxxxx 33
> > >
> > > But the above script is producing output as follows
> > >
> > > (xxxxx,11,22,33)
> > >
> > > FLATTEN is not actually flattening the bag of tuple. Any inputs here?
> > >
> > > - Thanks

+
Mix Nin 2013-03-07, 15:03
+