Hive, mail # user - Limit deletion of tables by username

RE: Limit deletion of tables by username
Ashish Thusoo 2009-09-16, 00:55
Not right now. There is no access control built into Hive at this time. owner information is there right now so that some external tool can use that information.

Ashish

________________________________
From: Royce Rollins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Limit deletion of tables by username

I'm trying to limit the deletion or modification of hive tables by username.
I noticed the table TBLS has the owner field and gets set to the username who created it.

BL_ID | CREATE_TIME | DB_ID | LAST_ACCESS_TIME | OWNER    | RETENTION | SD_ID | TBL_NAME

Is it possible to do this? Basically I don't want someone else to do a "Drop table TABLE_NAME"

Thanks in Advance,
Royce Rollins