Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2013 ([ppmc])

+
Eric Yang 2013-07-03, 03:18
+
Eric Yang 2013-07-07, 02:52
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-07-07, 16:27
+
Eric Yang 2013-07-07, 17:03
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-07-07, 18:39
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-07-08, 15:25
Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2013 ([ppmc])
Hi Eric,

My team is now migrating our m/r from hadoop 1.0 to 2. 0 .
And the old m/r can run on hadoop 2.0 without changing any source code , just need to re-compile on hadoop 2.0.
The yarn in not a necessary if you want to run mr from hadoop 1.0 on hadoop 2.0.
--
Best regards,

Ivy Tang

On 2013-7-8, at 上午1:03, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hadoop has evolved in a non straight forward release branches.  Chukwa
> currently works with Hadoop 1.x branch.  For moving forward to Hadoop 2.x,
> the mapreduce jobs need to be using the new Yarn framework to implement
> some of the missing pieces that Hadoop broke the compatibility.  HBase has
> done something similar for Hadoop compatibility layer.  Chukwa may have to
> do the same thing to keep up to date.  I don't know how to quantify the man
> hours needed to keep up to date.  It may be one or two weeks to work on it
> full time.  It may spread across several months, when we work on this part
> time.
>
> The instrumentation points in MR v1 will needs to be migrated and
> instrument Yarn.  It is going to be interesting work to monitor and analyze
> Yarn.  Therefore, the work may be interesting to people that would like to
> visualize yarn performance.  We probably should release 0.6 as bugfix
> release before working on this.
>
> regards,
> Eric
>

> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> On Jul 6, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> ChukwaChukwa is a log collection and analysis framework for Apache
>> Hadoop clusters.Chukwa has been incubating since 2010-07-14.
>>>
>>> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>>>
>>> 1. Keep code up-to-date with Hadoop trend
>>> 2. Make another release
>>> 3. Keep wiki page up to date and better documentation
>>
>> IMO, the number one item should be increasing an active community.
>>
>>> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
>> aware of?
>>>
>>> Chukwa code needs to be maintained to keep up with new versions of
>> Hadoop.
>>
>> Can you characterize what is the scope of the work that needs to be done?
>> Especially in terms of estimated man hours needed to bring Chukwa up to
>> date.
>>
>>> How has the community developed since the last report?
>>>
>>> Committers are communicate more actively than previous quarter.
>>>
>>> How has the project developed since the last report?
>>>
>>> More contributors have open JIRA to request features and experiment with
>> code base.  Website is now svnpubsub enabled.  Javadocs are regenerated to
>> remove frame injection vulnerability.
>>>
>>> Date of last release: January 2012
>>>
>>> Draft report attached for the group to review.  In Chukwa 0.6 release, we
>>> have 2 outstanding issues, and hope the community will help out to make
>>> this release possible.  I also updated the team list to reflect the
>> current
>>> state.  Let me know if there is any questions or comments.  Thanks
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Eric

+
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-07-09, 02:29