Hadoop, mail # user - Java Heap space error

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-03-06, 01:03
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-03-06, 01:46
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-03-06, 01:49
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-03-06, 18:10
Re: Java Heap space error
hadoopman 2012-03-09, 06:51
I'm curious if you have been able to track down the cause of the error?
We've seen similar problems with loading data and I've discovered if I
presort my data before the load that things go a LOT smoother.

When running queries against our data sometimes we've seen it where the
jobtracker just freezes.  I've seen Heap out of memory errors when I
cranked up jobtracker logging to debug.  Still working on figuring this
one out.  should be an interesting ride :D