Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-15, 18:02
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-05-15, 19:54
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 18:59
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 19:11
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 19:19
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-05-15, 18:23
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-05-15, 18:32
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 19:19
+
Bikas Saha 2013-05-15, 20:16
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 20:23
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-05-15, 18:14
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 18:06
+
Nathan Roberts 2013-05-16, 18:28
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-17, 07:06
+
eric baldeschwieler 2013-05-15, 20:20
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-05-15, 20:25
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 20:29
+
Eli Collins 2013-05-15, 20:43
+
Zhijie Shen 2013-05-15, 20:47
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 21:21
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-15, 22:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 23:44
Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta
I'm actually drafting such a proposal.  Will open the discussion as a
[PROPOSAL] in general@
--Matt
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 15, 2013, at 3:27 PM, Chris Douglas wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding) on the proposal.
> >
> > However, the value we get from these "release plan" votes is dubious,
> > to put it mildly. The surrounding discussion has cost more than it is
> > worth, and votes on executive summaries of releases discourage the
> > sort of detailed collaboration we're trying to create. It replaces
> > development with zero-sum struggles over abstractions.
>
> Agree, I propose we edit bylaws to do away with them for the future.
> >
> > This is, in effect, another poll about the direction we're taking 2.x.
> > If we can't reach consensus on development directions without voting,
> > that's more evidence that the project should be split, IMO. -C
>
> +1e100
>
> Arun
>

> > On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> voting

> stability
> favor
> moment".
> 2.1)
> features
> and
> crucial. As
> at
> come to

> by

> necessary
> get
> release
> turn

> will
> for

> >> +1 (binding)
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 22:36
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 20:29
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 20:36
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 20:56
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 21:14
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 21:54
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-15, 23:17
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-16, 06:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 21:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 22:02
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 22:31
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 22:50
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 23:47
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 23:54
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-16, 06:19
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-16, 17:22
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-17, 19:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-16, 04:25
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-16, 05:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-16, 05:41
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-16, 05:52
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-16, 06:38
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-16, 07:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-16, 18:18
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-16, 05:29
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 21:15
+
Devaraj Das 2013-05-15, 20:39
+
Robert Evans 2013-05-16, 15:19