HBase >> mail # user >> Running prefix scans in hbase

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-15, 06:33
+
Stack 2013-05-15, 14:51
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-15, 15:00
Re: Running prefix scans in hbase
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at PrefixFilter but going by the implementation - it looks we
> scan every row until we hit the prefix instead of seeking to the row with
> the required prefix.
>
> I was wondering if there are more efficient alternatives which would do a
> real seek rather than scanning all rows. Would setting startRow and stopRow
> - effectively seek to startRow and then perform the scan ?

Scanner should start at the specified startrow, and then begin applying the
filter per row (if prefix filter, try a start row that is made of the
filter prefix).  If it is doing otherwise, it is broke.

St.Ack