Pig >> mail # user >> Error while parsing commandline properties

Error while parsing commandline properties
Hi guys,

I'm running pig from the command line in local mode, and trying to
pass in some properties, for example:
pig -x local ... -p mapred.map.tasks=2 -p mapred.reduce.tasks=1 ...

I'm getting errors;
INFO parameters.ParameterSubstitutionPreprocessor: Encountered "
<OTHER> ".map.tasks=2 "" at line 1, column 7.
Was expecting:
    "=" ...

My question is, what am I doing wrong? What's the correct way to pass
in the properties via command line arguments?

Thanks,
Jeff
+
Johnny Zhang 2013-03-02, 00:11