Pig, mail # user - Error while parsing commandline properties

Error while parsing commandline properties
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-02, 00:04
Hi guys,

I'm running pig from the command line in local mode, and trying to
pass in some properties, for example:
pig -x local ... -p mapred.map.tasks=2 -p mapred.reduce.tasks=1 ...

I'm getting errors;
INFO parameters.ParameterSubstitutionPreprocessor: Encountered "
<OTHER> ".map.tasks=2 "" at line 1, column 7.
Was expecting:
    "=" ...

My question is, what am I doing wrong? What's the correct way to pass
in the properties via command line arguments?

Thanks,
Jeff