Hadoop >> mail # dev >> windows support in trunk?

+
Andrey Klochkov 2013-09-24, 22:24
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 22:31
Re: windows support in trunk?
Great, thanks!

One more question on Windows support: how do I create a distribution and
run it? It's for dev purposes - testing a patch to work on Windows, so I
can't really use HDP. On Linux/OSX I just do a build with -Pdist and then
just use startXXX scripts from hadoop-project-dist/target to run all the
daemons. Are there any docs on how to do it on Windows? E.g. do I need
cygwin? I can build sources without cygwin, but hadoop-project-dist
requires shell executable to build the tarball.
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2013, at 3:24 PM, Andrey Klochkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Is Windows support in trunk currently? Or should I still use trunk-win to
> > experiment with Hadoop on Windows? I've seen number of windows related
> > patches going into trunk that's why I'm asking. Thanks!
> >
> > I know I just need to ask Chris Nauroth, but sending here just in case
> it's
> > useful for others.
>
> *smile*
>
> Yes, FTR, Windows support is in trunk, branch-2 and branch-2.1.
>
> Arun
>

> > --
> > Andrey Klochkov
>
> --