Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Connecting to ZK from windows box takes significantly longer than from linux

Re: Connecting to ZK from windows box takes significantly longer than from linux
Thanks for your response. This is what I suspected. Will see what I'll be able to dig. The problem is I also use linux, and delay happens on machines of others. The wireshark showed no difference in network messaging so I suspect that something is delayed in windows communication stack. But will see..

Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"officially" windows is not supported, historically there just haven't
been enough windows users to support the platform:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_supportedPlatforms

That said, Java should work essentially the same. Would be interesting
if you ran your client in the debugger and tried to figure out where
the time is going.... (or as Yang suggested look at the communication
itself...)

Patrick

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Sergei Babovich
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> zk-3.3.1. Java client. Java 64b 1.6.0_24.
> I will open jira report...
> But just curious if everything works fine for other windows 7 users and we
> are special.
>
> On 07/22/2011 06:28 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
>>
>> Are you using the java or the c client binding? What version? I'd
>> encourage you to enter a jira (and submit a patch if you figure it
>> out).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Sergei Babovich
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I noticed quite strange thing: when connecting to the same ZK server from
>>> windows box it takes 4-5 seconds before receiving SyncConnected event,
>>> while
>>> from linux machine it is under 10ms. All on the same network. The