From: Shantian Purkad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:20:04 -0800
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Hive Security

Hi,

We are running Hive server and connecting to it through Toad. Everything works fine.

Now we want to enable authentication on the hive server. The hive server indicates that we can specify user id password while connecting to it.

Can someone please guide on how can we create and set users on hive server?
Regards,
Shantian