Hadoop >> mail # user >> EC2, Hadoop, copy file from CLUSTER_MASTER to CLUSTER, failing

EC2, Hadoop, copy file from CLUSTER_MASTER to CLUSTER, failing
Hello,
I have a cluster with 1 master and 1 slave (testing). In the EC2
scripts, in the hadoop-ec2-init-remote.sh file, I wish to copy a file
from
the MASTER to the CLUSTER i.e in the slave section

 scp $MASTER_HOST:/tmp/v  /tmp/v

However, this didnt work and when I logged in, ssh'd to the slave and
tried the command, I got the following error:

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic)

Yet, the group permissions appear to be valid i.e
 ec2-authorize $CLUSTER_MASTER -o $CLUSTER -u $AWS_ACCOUNT_ID
 ec2-authorize $CLUSTER -o $CLUSTER_MASTER -u $AWS_ACCOUNT_ID

So I don't see why I can't ssh into the MASTER group from a slave.

Any suggestion as to where I'm going wrong?
Regards
Saptarshi

P.S I know I can copy a file from S3, but would like to know what is
going on here.