HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Hive and Hbase performance

Re: Hive and Hbase performance

Hi Anil,

I thought so, but when checking this blog I got confused, Could u check it and give me your feedback?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9300840/is-running-scan-on-hbase-faster-if-running-hbase-on-more-than-1-machine?rq=1

Thanks,

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 16:51:31 -0800
> Subject: Re: Hive and Hbase performance
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hi Dalia,
>
> The usual and short answer is Yes. Both, HBase and Hive will provide better
> performance on adding more nodes since they provide horizontal scalability.
>
> HTH,
> Anil
>

> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Dalia Sobhy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> I want to ask if  a Hive Count or Scan Query will provide better
>> performance when adding more nodes ??
>>
>> if an Hbase Count or Scan Query will provide better performance when
>> adding more nodes ??
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Anil Gupta