HBase >> mail # user >> How well does HBase run on low/medium memory/cpu clusters?

Re: How well does HBase run on low/medium memory/cpu clusters?
Hi David,

For productions, it will be recommanded to have good computers. But
for testing, you can do with almost anything.

I'm running cluster in production with 6 region servers. My smallest
computer is a P4 with only 500M of memory... I'm not saying that it's
recommanded but it's working.

I can't use big cache values else I'm getting out of memory and
servers are closing (but not hadoop). But it's working. I have few
tables. My biggest one is 15M but is growing every day. I have
splitted it a lot to make sure to share the workload between all the
servers.

I'm expecting to be at about 30M by the end of the week.

The only big computer I have is my master (8CPU, 12G) wich is also
hosting a region server (not recommended for quality production
schema).

JM