I think if it is not a minor change we should hold off.
I have created the 0.7.1 branch. If there is something that goes into
trunk we want in there then it can get merged.
I have created the branch for the release.
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for driving this.
> For 1), KAFKA-345 and KAFKA-346 (depends on KAFAK-345) are being worked on.
> It would be nice to include them in 0.7.1. However, it involves a consumer
> API change and we have to be a bit more careful. So, deferring it to 0.7.2
> maybe ok too. It really depends on how critical people think these 2 jiras
> For 2), KAFKA-345 and KAFKA-346 could be in this category.
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hey folks, I wanted to get the Kafka 0.7.1 Release going but first
> > to discuss when to branch the trunk.
> > 1) Are there any tickets being worked on that we want in 0.7.1?
> > 2) Are there any tickets not being worked on that we really really want
> > 0.7.1?
> > If #1 exists perhaps we can come up with a day (lets say this Wednesday
> > June 13th) and if it is in the trunk by then great and then I branch the
> > 0.7.1 release.
> > If #2 exists perhaps right after we branch 0.7.1 then whenever those
> > tickets are done we commit them to trunk and then maybe do a 0.7.2
> > not long after?
> > Today I am going to go through the trunk again and also all of the JIRA
> > tickets too.
> > /*
> > Joe Stein
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
> > Twitter: @allthingshadoop <http://www.twitter.com/allthingshadoop>
> > */
Twitter: @allthingshadoop <http://www.twitter.com/allthingshadoop>