Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Issues running Minicluster in o.a.a.start.Main

+
Corey Nolet 2013-10-06, 12:36
+
John Vines 2013-10-06, 15:30
+
Corey Nolet 2013-10-07, 11:36
+
Keith Turner 2013-10-08, 03:39
+
Corey Nolet 2013-10-08, 04:02
+
Keith Turner 2013-10-09, 02:03
+
Corey Nolet 2013-10-09, 02:06
Re: Issues running Minicluster in o.a.a.start.Main
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Corey Nolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With risk of making this more complicated- I just noticed that the first
> commit posted was still broken- though it didn't lock up like the version
> currently in master, it appeared to run but threw the ClassNotFound
> exception in the Main.err log.
>
> I'm still poking at this as well.

I am going to take a look at the first place it was introduced in master
and see if it works there.

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I tried using git bisect (for the second time) to tackle this issue and
> ran
> > into an interesting issue.   git bisect took me from master to 1.4.  This
> > was unexpected at first, but I understand why git is doing this.  I would
> > like to avoid this and only consider commits in master.
> >
> > $ grep -A 5 org.apache.accumulo pom.xml | head -5
> >   <groupId>org.apache.accumulo</groupId>
> >   <artifactId>accumulo-project</artifactId>
> >   <version>1.6.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >   <packaging>pom</packaging>
> >   <name>Apache Accumulo Project</name>
> > $ git bisect start
> > $ git bisect bad
> > $ git bisect good 6965a8aaa2f53ec796a3487c1639affe0dfc6bfa
> > Bisecting: 540 revisions left to test after this (roughly 9 steps)
> > [c9469405c3d1aab3784ed5f290df4acaf8568489] ACCUMULO-1168
> > $ grep -A 5 org.apache.accumulo pom.xml | head -5
> >   <groupId>org.apache.accumulo</groupId>
> >   <artifactId>accumulo</artifactId>
> >   <packaging>pom</packaging>
> >   <version>1.4.3</version>
> >   <name>accumulo</name>
> >

> > I found the a post[1] on stack overflow that mentioned using "git
> rev-list
> > --bisect --first-parent" so I tried the following command and saw git
> > segfault.  I blame this on our switch from svn.
> >
> > $ git rev-list --bisect --first-parent
> > 6965a8aaa2f53ec796a3487c1639affe0dfc6bfa..HEAD
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > If I drop the --first-parent option then it shows me the same commit that
> > git bisect does.
> >
> > $git rev-list --bisect 6965a8aaa2f53ec796a3487c1639affe0dfc6bfa..HEAD
> > c9469405c3d1aab3784ed5f290df4acaf8568489
> >
> > I am still poking at this.  If anyone has advice I would like to hear it.
> >
> > [1]:
> >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5638211/how-do-you-get-git-bisect-to-ignore-merged-branches
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Corey Nolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Keith,
> > >
> > > You are right- I mistyped. I meant Main.err not Master.err. I just
> > verified
> > > this feature worked during the time of this
> > > commit: 6965a8aaa2f53ec796a3487c1639affe0dfc6bfa.

> >  But

> > very
> > conf
> uses