Pig >> mail # user >> More on issue with local vs mapreduce mode

More on issue with local vs mapreduce mode
Hello,

My script in the local mode works perfectly. The same script does not work in the mapreduce mode. For the local mode, the o/p is saved in the current directory, where as for the mapreduce mode I use /scrach directory on HDFS.

Local mode:

A = LOAD 'file.seq' USING SequenceFileLoader AS (key: chararray, value: chararray);
DESCRIBE A;
STORE A into 'A';

AU = FOREACH A GENERATE FLATTEN(parser.customFilter(key,'AAAAA'));
STORE AU into 'AU';
Mapreduce mode:

A = LOAD '/scratch/file.seq' USING SequenceFileLoader AS (key: chararray, value: chararray);
DESCRIBE A;
STORE A into '/scratch/A';

AU = FOREACH A GENERATE FLATTEN(parser.customFilter(key,'AAAAA'));
STORE AU into '/scratch/AU';

Can someone please point me to tools that I can use to debug the script in mapreduce mode? Also, any thoughts on why this might be happening would be great!