HBase, mail # dev - [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:43
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Main objection is that the included v3 is not a 'green field'/redo so
> lets
> > not call it that
>
> We added minor version into hfile versioning (Broke things while doing
> it), so maybe it's better to call it 2.5 ?

Works for me if that's the preference. Key is being able to switch on
something that might introduce new overheads only if tags are desired on
account of some use case that depends on them.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)