HBase >> mail # dev >> workaround to remove a warning stack in the test logs

workaround to remove a warning stack in the test logs
Hi,

We have this well known stack everytime we launch a minicluster:

12/04/05 16:56:07 WARN util.MBeans:
Hadoop:service=DataNode,name=MetricsSystem,sub=Control
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: MXBean already
registered with name
Hadoop:service=NameNode,name=MetricsSystem,sub=Control
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MXBeanLookup.addReference(MXBeanLookup.java:120)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MXBeanSupport.register(MXBeanSupport.java:143)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.preRegister2(MBeanSupport.java:183)
That's HBASE-4709.

It could be removed by adding this in HBaseTestingUtility:

  static {
org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.util.MBeans.class).
        setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.ERROR);
  }

This would hide all the warnings from this class, which is acceptable imho.

Is it an issue for anyone if I do it (in trunk) ?

The other solution is to understand the problem and fix it, but it could
take me hours, I don't really have them for this :-)
Cheers,

Nicolas
+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:56