Pig >> mail # user >> JsonLoader schema field order shouldn't matter

+
Tim Sell 2013-01-07, 19:56
+
meghana narasimhan 2013-01-07, 21:32
Re: JsonLoader schema field order shouldn't matter
Hmm,
I was using pretty much the same setup and got errors complaining
about Counter being an interface when it expected a class.
I'll try again with the jars straight out of maven tomorrow. Thanks.

~T

On 7 January 2013 21:32, meghana narasimhan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> We are using elephant-bird 3.0.2 with hadoop-2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.1.1
> and pig-0.10.0-cdh4.1.1. We are using the jar available in the maven repo.
> Didnt have to build it out.
>
> - Meg
>

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Tim Sell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> When using JsonLoader with Pig 0.10.0
>>
>> if I have an input.json file that looks like this:
>>
>> {"date": "2007-08-25", "id": 16}
>> {"date": "2007-09-08", "id": 17}
>> {"date": "2007-09-15", "id": 18}
>>
>> And I use
>>
>> a = LOAD 'input.json' USING JsonLoader('id:int,date:chararray');
>> DUMP a;
>>
>> I get errors when it tries to force the date fields into an integer.
>>
>> Shouldn't this work independent of the ordering of the schema fields?
>> Json writers generally don't make guarantees about the ordering.
>>
>> One alternative (though annoying) would to be use elephant bird
>> instead, but I can't get that to compile against hadoop 2.0.0 and Pig
>> 0.10.0.
>>
>> ~Tim

+
Alan Gates 2013-01-07, 20:24