Zookeeper, mail # dev - multi() and getData()

+
Ted Yu 2012-03-07, 06:10
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-07, 06:17
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-07, 06:41
+
Ted Yu 2012-03-07, 16:06
+
Ted Yu 2012-03-08, 22:39
Re: multi() and getData()
Ted Dunning 2012-03-08, 22:52
Yes.

It should be straightforward.  There are just a number of places to touch.
 You need a factory in Op, a sub-class to hold the transaction, then on the
server side there are 2-4 switch statements that need to be inspected.
 Marshal can comment whether the commit code needs change, but I would
expect it.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are GetDataRequest / GetDataResponse in src/zookeeper.jute
>
> Would the new GetDataTxn be able to reuse them ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1407 has been logged.
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> The use cases that I came up with for multi all involved reads done
> before
> >> multiple writes as with a read-modify-write operation.  In that case,
> the
> >> reads need to be done before the updates.  Those use cases motivated the
> >> Check operation so that you can ensure that nothing has changed before
> the
> >> updates are done.
> >>
> >> But as Marshal says, there isn't any reason not to have them.

+
Ted Yu 2012-03-08, 23:54
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-09, 00:10