HBase >> mail # user >> Lost regions question

Re: Lost regions question
When you say that the parent regions got reopened does that mean that you
did not lose any data(any data could not be read).  The reason am asking is
if after the parent got split into daughters and the data was written to
daughters and if the daughters related files could not be opened you could
have ended up in not able to read the data.

Some logs could tell us what made the parent to get reopened rather than
daughters.  Another thing i would like to ask is was the cluster brought
down abruptly by killing the RS.

Which version of HBase?

Regards
Ram