Pig, mail # user - Pig architecture explanation?

Pig architecture explanation?
Gardner Pomper 2013-03-17, 23:25
Hello all,

When I first saw pig, I was under the impressing that it generated java
code for a series of map/reduce jobs and then submitted that to hadoop. I
have since seen messages that indicate the is not the way it works.

I have been trying to find a document (preferably with diagrams) that shows
what the pig architecture is and how the various mappers/reducers are
defined and spawned.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me to that documentation.

Sincerely,

- Gardner