MapReduce >> mail # user >> Pydoop 0.7.0-rc1 released

Pydoop 0.7.0-rc1 released
Hello everyone,

we're happy to announce that we have just released Pydoop 0.7.0-rc1
(http://pydoop.sourceforge.net).

The main changes with respect to the previous version are:

  * support for CDH4 (MapReduce v1 only)
  * tested with the latest releases of other supported Hadoop versions
  * simpler build process
  * Pydoop scripts can now accept user-defined configuration parameters
  * new wrapper object makes it easier to interact with the JobConf
  * new hdfs.path functions: isdir, isfile, kind
  * HDFS: support for string description of permission modes in chmod
  * several bug fixes

This is a release candidate.  We're working on binary packages for the
final release.  As usual, we're happy to receive your feedback on the forum:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/forums/forum/990018

Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(http://biodoop-seal.sourceforge.net), Biodoop-BLAST
(http://biodoop.sourceforge.net/blast), and more yet to be released.

Links:

  * full release notes: http://pydoop.sourceforge.net/docs/news.html