Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?

+
Terry P. 2013-05-02, 22:17
+
John Vines 2013-05-02, 22:38
+
Terry P. 2013-05-02, 22:44
+
John Vines 2013-05-02, 22:50
+
Terry P. 2013-05-02, 23:12
+
John Vines 2013-05-02, 23:23
+
David Medinets 2013-05-03, 00:51
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-03, 00:33
+
John Vines 2013-05-03, 00:35
Re: Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My money is on the content actually being a gzipped copy of the html.

could be, the file command can probably sort it out.

Me and few coworkers had something odd happen when trying to download
thrift once.  I got a gzipped, tar.gz.  So I had to run gunzip twice.  I
reported to the thrift mailing list and no one else was seeing the issue.
 Something between us and the file was trying to help.

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Terry P. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi gang,
>>> I'm trying to download the 1.4.3 release from:
>>>
>>> http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
>>>
>>> But for both the binaries and source downloads the file sizes are only
>>> 7.1KB in size and aren't valid .tar.gz files.
>>>

>> If you look at the contents of one of these files does it contain HTML
>> for the mirrors page?
>>

>>> The various firewalls and security scanners here at work can sometimes
>>> make some site links not work properly, but not usually one that looks to
>>> be this simple.
>>>
>>> Could someone -- anyone -- please try to download one of these files to
>>> see if it's just my bad luck at work, or whether the site / links actually
>>> have an issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Terry

+