Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper multiserver setup?

+
Something Something 2012-05-08, 21:31
Re: Zookeeper multiserver setup?
Yes, you must start them all individually. ZooKeeper does not currently
have any cluster-wide management tools built in.

FYI - we've open sourced a cluster management tool for ZooKeeper. Please
have a look:

https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor

On 5/8/12 2:31 PM, "Something Something" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Trying to follow directions from here:
>http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServer
>Setup
>
>to setup a cluster of zookeepers.
>
>Questions:
>
>1)  If everything is setup correctly, do I have to go to each machine and
>start Zookeeper server in each of them individually?
>2)  I was thinking if I start it on one master machine (well there's no
>real master) then all zookeepers in the quorum would be started, but this
>is not how it works correct?
>3)  If I start individually, then I get messages saying the other
>zookeepers haven't started.  Is that just a warning?
>4)  When all of them are started, would they all be able to talk to each
>other?
>
>Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks for the help.
+
Something Something 2012-05-08, 21:43
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-05-08, 21:45