Hadoop, mail # dev - Error while running mvn install Windows 8

+
Smriti Agarwal 2013-10-07, 06:16
Re: Error while running mvn install Windows 8
Chris Nauroth 2013-10-07, 18:47
Hello, Smriti.

This is saying that the Maven build failed in the compile-ms-winutils step.
 This step is an external call to msbuild to compile and link the native
code required for Hadoop to run correctly on Windows.  It doesn't say
exactly why it failed (other than exit code 1), so you'll have to
troubleshoot this part a bit further.  Is msbuild on your PATH?  Do you see
any additional log output related to failures in msbuild?

If you haven't already done so, then I also recommend reading through the
BUILDING.txt file in the root of the Hadoop source tree.  It has a section
describing all of the requirements for building on Windows.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE