MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: HDFS upgrade under HA

Re: HDFS upgrade under HA
I have hard time understanding your question.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Azuryy Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The layout version is -43 until 2.0.4-alpha, but HDFS-4908 changed layout
> version to -45.
>
> so if My test cluster is running hadoop-2.0.4-alpha(-43), which is
> upgraded from hadoop-1.0.4, then I want to upgrade using trunk(-45), how to
> do?

Layout version can increase (or decrease given it is negative number) by
more than 1, when you upgrade to a new release. So 2.0.4-alpha(-43) can
upgrade to trunk(-45) version.

> It cannot upgrade under HA, so I can use hadoop-1.0.4 core-site and
> hdfs-site, then "start-dfs.sh -upgrade", but standby NN cannot upgrade,

What is preventing you from upgrading? Please add details on what you are
doing and what issue you are seeing.

Regards,
Suresh