Avro >> mail # dev >> Avro RPC interop

+
Mike Percy 2012-03-04, 23:56
+
Doug Cutting 2012-03-06, 16:32
+
Mike Percy 2012-03-07, 23:18
+
Doug Cutting 2012-03-07, 23:31
Re: Avro RPC interop
Another interesting development to consider is that SPDY is starting to
gain wide adoption.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/SPDY

Free load balancers (nginx, apache, HAProxy) either have it or are
planning support for it.  As a replacement for HTTP it supports
out-of-order requests and server initiated requests.  Since load balancers
and proxies will support SPDY over time, and will not likely support a
proprietary avro protocol, Avro over HTTP/SPDY will have its uses.
However, the above developments do not reduce the need for Avro to have
standardized secure socket based asynchronous RPC spec.

On 3/7/12 3:31 PM, "Doug Cutting" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On 03/07/2012 03:18 PM, Mike Percy wrote:
>> I wonder if we couldn't retrofit the Netty implementation with SASL
>> and see how close that gets us to something that looks like it has
>> all the desired features needed to consider standardizing on it, or
>> something close to it.
>
>That sounds like a fine plan.
>
>Doug
+