Chukwa >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Apache Chukwa graduation

+
Eric Yang 2013-09-20, 17:52
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-09-24, 13:47
+
Luciano Resende 2013-09-23, 21:10
+
Jukka Zitting 2013-09-23, 13:05
+
ant elder 2013-09-22, 05:02
+
Christian Grobmeier 2013-09-22, 13:38
+
Eric Yang 2013-09-22, 20:59
Re: [VOTE] Apache Chukwa graduation

On 22 Sep 2013, at 22:59, Eric Yang wrote:

> We did the name search in 2009, 2010, and 2012 via different Apache
> processes while we were a sub-project of Hadoop, and repeat the name
> search
> process for incubator.  The podling name search has been updated in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-19.  I think
> trademark should not be an issue, Apache Chukwa (TM) has been listed
> on
> hadoop.apache.org for years.
> Hope this addresses the concerns.

As the docs say, you can only work with the trademark when Trademark VP
has resolved the mentioned issue.
Since the issue is open for pretty long time, I will try to urge it on
trademarks

> regards,
> Eric
>

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 6:38 AM, Christian Grobmeier
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> -1 (binding)
>>
>> I have not seen a successful resolution of this process:
>> http://www.apache.org/**foundation/marks/naming.html<http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html>
>>
>> I have seen some effort have been made in 2010:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/**projects/chukwa.html<http://incubator.apache.org/projects/chukwa.html>
>> The process has changed meanwhile and needs to be documented. The
>> process
>> has been discussed at general@incubator and should be known.
>>
>> Maybe I missed the issue (Jira being slow today for me).
>> Please send me a successfully resolved issue number and I will turn
>> into
>> +1.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> The Apache Chukwa project entered incubator in July of 2010. Since
>>> then

+
Huang, Jie 2013-09-22, 12:19