HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Question about Name Spaces…

Re: Question about Name Spaces…
Actually creating links, symbolic or hard links makes sense in a couple of scenarios.
Especially in terms of hive... ;-)

So it kind of goes back to my extension of the question about that Jira (HDFS-3370) to see if its alive or just forgotten?

The point is that one of the arguments against doing it didn't make sense. Creating hard links across Name Spaces.
IMHO you'd want to create hard links within the same NN. Maybe a symbolic link across name spaces, but even then, I'm not so sure... still need to think more about the problem.