Pig >> mail # user >> EvalFunc finish() closing connections prematurely

EvalFunc finish() closing connections prematurely
Hi there,

I have an EvalFunc which uses an internal class that opens up connections
to a Redis and MongoDB server.  This class has a close() method which
closes connections to both Redis and MongoDB.

In my EvalFunc implementation, I placed the close() method

    @Override
  public void finish() {
  meta.close();
  }

But this is leading to a

java.lang.IllegalStateException: this Mongo has been closed

indicating that Pig attempted to read from Mongo after a call to finish().
 Is this an error specific to running a Pig script locally?

Mike

--
Mike Sukmanowsky

Product Lead, http://parse.ly