Accumulo, mail # user - Table deletion got stuck

Table deletion got stuck
Lin XIAO 2012-11-27, 21:28
When deleting tables, sometimes the operation get stuck for hours with
table status "UNKNOWN" shown in the monitor page. The only relevant
logs I can find are similar to this:

[tableOps.CleanUp] DEBUG: Still waiting for table to be deleted: is
locationState: is<<@(null,10.0.0.10:41000[43b1b039a081368],null)

It happens to a few tables in our cluster and most of them are hosted
by one tablet server, so I killed the tablet server to force the
tablets to be reassigned to other servers. The tables got deleted
successfully after that. I'm wondering what I should do to solve
problems like this. Right now, we still have a bunch of tables with
status "UNKNOWN". I'm wondering if I need to find the tablet servers
hosting those tables and restart them.

Btw, the swappiness in our cluster is set to 60 now instead of the
recommended value 10.

Thanks,
Lin