Hive >> mail # user >> Starting hive thrift server as daemon process ?

+
praveenesh kumar 2012-06-14, 05:57
Re: Starting hive thrift server as daemon process ?
There is no particular reason this feature is not in hive. We just
left the deamonize part for others to do how they felt appropriate.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:57 AM, praveenesh kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Hive users,
>
> I was just wondering why hive thrift server is not running as a daemon
> process by default. Also I am not seeing any option to start it as a daemon
> process if I want to.
> I am remotely login in to the hadoop cluster and every time my session is
> either disconnecting or closing - thrift server is going down also.
> I can however start it as background process by "nohup" or using "&" in
> linux - but just thinking  - "Is there a reason why this feature is not
> present in hive ?"
> What would happen if I have hive thrift server will run as daemon process ?
>
> Regards,
> Praveenesh
+
dong.yajun 2012-06-14, 12:38