Sqoop >> mail # user >> Saved jobs with passwords

+
Adarsh Sharma 2012-09-11, 15:01
Re: Saved jobs with passwords
Hi Adarsh,

Can you please provide the output of "sqoop job --show <your job name> |
grep db.require.password"? It should be set to "false" to stop asking for
password.

I see two possibilities:
1) Your sqoop-site.xml is not being loaded by Sqoop.
2) Your job had been created
before "sqoop.metastore.client.record.password" was set to "true".

As for 1, can you double check your SQOOP_HOME?

As for 2, even though "sqoop.metastore.client.record.password" is set to
"true" in sqoop-site.xml now, if your job was created before that (i.e.
when "sqoop.metastore.client.record.password" was "false"), it will
continue to ask for password for that job. To change this, you have to
delete the saved job and re-create it in the metastore.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo