Avro >> mail # user >> avro-service-archetype

+
michał 2013-10-22, 13:53
Re: avro-service-archetype
Hi

I use the plugin as configured below

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
    <artifactId>avro-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>1.7.4</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>schemas</id>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>schema</goal>
                <goal>idl-protocol</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
                <stringType>String</stringType>
                <sourceDirectory>src/main/avro/</sourceDirectory>

<outputDirectory>target/generated-sources/java/</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>

I have defined my avro schema files in src/main/avro directory.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM, michał <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to run avro-service-archetype available in maven central repository.
> It has a protocol defined in order-service.avsc
>
> What is the procedure to generate .java files in Eclipse using:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.avro</**groupId>
>   <artifactId>avro-maven-plugin<**/artifactId>
>   <version>${avro.version}</**version>
>   <executions>
>     <execution>
>       <phase>generate-sources</**phase>
>       <goals>
>         <goal>schema</goal>
>         <goal>protocol</goal>
>         <goal>idl-protocol</goal>
>       </goals>
>     </execution>
>   </executions>
> </plugin>
>
> and then run the client and the server to comunicate?
>
> PS
> I know it is beginner question but I feel confused about how to generate
> the java files simply using the maven in Avro. The test is running ok but
> can't find any files in /atrget directory.

+
michał 2013-10-23, 07:35
+
Eric Wasserman 2013-10-23, 15:20