Hadoop >> mail # user >> stuck in safe mode after restarting dfs after found dead node

Re: stuck in safe mode after restarting dfs after found dead node
If the datanode is not coming back you have to explicitly tell hadoop
to leave safemode.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.17.2/hdfs_user_guide.html#Safemode

hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave