HBase, mail # user - Re: Fresh setup hadoop 1.0 and hbase 0.90.5 unable to start master

Re: Fresh setup hadoop 1.0 and hbase 0.90.5 unable to start master
Shashwat Shriparv 2012-05-04, 11:34
Invisible.Trust <invisible.trust@...> writes:

> > On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Invisible.Trust<invisible.trust@...
> >> wrote:
> >> I can't start HMaster
> >> Please help me.. second day about this error
> >> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction
> >> of Regionserver: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.**
> >> regionserver.HRegionServer
> >>

> > Thanks for the details.  Anything in the .out files (there is nothing in
> > the log about why it cannot put up an instance of HRegionServer).
> >
> > St.Ack
> >
> No. empty *.out files

make your hosts file as following:

127.0.0.1 localhost

For Hadoop
192.168.56.1 master

192.168.56.101 slave

and in hbase conf put following entries :

<property>
<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
<value>hdfs://master:9000/hbase</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.master</name>
<value>master:60000</value>
<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.regionserver.port</name>
<value>60020</value>
<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
<property>
<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.tmp.dir</name>
<value>/home/cluster/Hadoop/hbase-0.90.4/temp</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
<value>master</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.replication</name>
<value>2</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
<value>2181</value>
<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
The port at which the clients will connect.
</description>
</property>
If you are using localhost anywhere remove that and replace it with "master"
which is name for namenode in your hostfile....

one morething you can do

sudo gedit /etc/hostname

this will open the hostname file bydefault ubuntu will be there so make it
master. and restart your system.

For hbase specify in "regionserver" file inside conf dir put these entries

master slave

and restart.everything.