Hive >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
I like the idea of Hcatalog becoming a Hive sub-project. The
enhancements/bugs in the serde/metastore areas can indirectly
benefit the hive community, and it will be easier for the fix to be in one
place. Having said that, I don't see serde/metastore
moving out of hive into a separate component. Things are tied too closely
together. I am assuming that no new committers would
be automatically added to Hive as part of this, and both Hive and HCatalog
will continue to have its own committers.

Thanks,
-namit