MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Map Shuffle Bytes

Re: Map Shuffle Bytes
Hi,

What do you mean by "shuffled bytes [to] the mappers"? If you mean
"from", it is "Reduce shuffle bytes" you look for; otherwise, you may
be looking for the per-map counter of "Map output bytes".

Per-partition counters can be constructed on the user side if needed,
by pre-computing the partition before emit (using the same
partitioner) and counting up the bytes of your objects for its
counter.

--
Harsh J
+