HBase, mail # user - Connection reset by peer. Count of bytes read: 0

Connection reset by peer. Count of bytes read: 0
Henry Hung 2013-07-25, 04:55
Hi All,

I'm a HBase newbie. Today I start to do stress test using 4 java process to load large amount of rows (1 minute = 18,000 rows). After a while, one of my region server log got this kind of WARN message:

WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.HBaseServer: IPC Server listener on 60020: readAndProcess threw exception java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer. Count of bytes read: 0

Question:

1.      What is the meaning of this WARN message?

2.      I haven't check the data integrity, but is there any chance of data loss when encounter this WARN message?

Additional info:
For this stress test, I have 10 servers (with each server having region server and data node).
Only one server has that WARN message.

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.