HBase, mail # dev - SequenceFileLogReader uses a reflection hack resulting in runtime failures

Re: SequenceFileLogReader uses a reflection hack resulting in runtime failures
Nicolas Spiegelberg 2011-12-02, 16:39
I think it's good to remove the reflection when we can, more because it's
easier to catch compile-time errors than run-time.  The perf is negligible
when you cache.  As I recall, the problem here is the function was private
in older versions.  We just need to make sure that we don't support
running HBase on top of old versions of Hadoop (0.20.4) before we remove
any reflection and change compilation requirements.