Hadoop, mail # user - RecordReader and non thread safe JNI libraries

Re: RecordReader and non thread safe JNI libraries
Saptarshi Guha 2009-03-02, 04:33
Hello,
I am quite confused and my email seems to prove it. My question is
essentially, I need to use this non thread safe library in the Mapper,
Reducer and RecordReader. assume, i do not create threads.
Will I run into any thread safety issues?

In a given JVM, the maps will run sequentially, so will the reduces,
but will maps run alongside recorder reader?

Hope this is clearer.
Regards
Saptarshi Guha