Hadoop >> mail # user >> hadoop knowledge gaining

Re: hadoop knowledge gaining
On 07/10/11 15:25, Jignesh Patel wrote:
> Guys,
> I am able to deploy the first program word count using hadoop. I am interesting exploring more about hadoop and Hbase and don't know which is the best way to grasp both of them.
>
> I have hadoop in action but it has older api.

Actually the API covered in the 2nd edition is pretty much the one in
widest use. The newer API is better, but is only as complete in hadoop
0.21 and later, which aren't yet in wide use

> I do also have Hbase definitive guide which I have not started exploring.

Think of a problem, get some data, go through the books. Learning more
about statistics and datamining is what you really need to learn, more
than just the hadoop APIs

-steve