Zookeeper, mail # dev - Why do we check for a trailing slash in paths?

Why do we check for a trailing slash in paths?
Harsh J 2011-12-11, 20:03
Hey all,

Would anyone happen to know why we strictly check against a trailing slash in client-provided paths to various commands?

Specifically, this error:

 [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 0] ls /storm/
Command failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must not end with / character

If there's no strong reason nor is it harmful to, perhaps I could go ahead and open up a JIRA to remove a trailing slash instead of throwing out an exception?

Thanks,
./Harsh