Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: FileSystem.workingDir vs mapred.local.dir

Re: FileSystem.workingDir vs mapred.local.dir
Hi,

AFAIK, the mapred.local.dir property refers to a set of directories under
which different types of data related to mapreduce jobs are stored - for
e.g. intermediate data, localized files for a job etc. The working
directory for a mapreduce job is configured under a sub directory within
one of the directories configured in this property.

The workingDir property of the FileSystem class simply seems to indicate
the working directory for a given filesystem as set by applications.

They don't seem very related per se, unless I am missing something ?

Thanks
Hemanth

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys:  What is the relationship between the "working directory" in the
> FileSystem class (filesystem.workingDir), compared with the
> mapred.local.dir properties ?
>
> It seems like these would essentially refer to the same thing?
> --
> Jay Vyas
> http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

+