Accumulo >> mail # dev >> River.apache.org

+
Benson Margulies 2012-08-08, 18:57
+
John Vines 2012-08-09, 13:49
+
Patrone, Dennis S. 2012-08-09, 14:46
Re: River.apache.org
It is an interesting thought to provide an service in which authorized
users can provide jar(s) containing Accumulo iterators to be dynamically
loaded and available on request. Could have a lot of merit coupled
ACCUMULO-708.

Regardless, I like the general idea of a classloader outside of the
cluster's local filesystem. That does open the door to a lot more
difficult problems as John alluded.

I do believe it's worth noting that security is only one application of
cell-level visibility. Using visibilities/authorizations as a filtering
mechanism for application logic is an intriguing subject.